We use the pieces of information that cookies record to help us improve services for you by, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with govt services so we can make them better
How to control and delete cookies:
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit the AboutCookies.org website which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone, please refer to your handset’s user manual.
Cookies We Use and Why:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember things like information you’ve entered on forms
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works.
Cookies we have defined as ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies will not be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you.
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee our website will perform as expected during your visit.
These cookies help identify information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don’t collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.